Your privacy is important
“We”, “us”, “our” and “Internet Plaza” means Internet Plaza Australia Limited ABN 51 912 660 464 (trading as Internet Plaza) .
This Policy describes how we comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the privacy or data protection laws of other jurisdictions where we operate.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the updated version on our website.
Internet Plaza is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise.
What information do we collect
Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses. We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and shopping preferences, interests and favourites. When you visit our websites, we may also collect information about your computer, including your IP address.
We also collect information about your use of our website using cookies. You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features.
How we collect and hold information
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you purchase products or services from us, or enter into arrangements with us, provide feedback/complaints to us or register your details with us.
If you are an agent who has or is entering into, an arrangement to provide products and services on our behalf, or if you have purchased goods or services from us we may also collect your personal information from credit reporting agencies. By providing your personal information to us, you confirm that you have reviewed this Policy and consent to the collection and use of your personal information as specified.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on password-protected servers located in access controlled secure locations.
Internet Plaza is working with Google to improve the online shopping experience across devices.
If you are signed into your Google account when you use Internet Plaza Online, then Google may also combine data from your Google account with data about your use of Internet Plaza Online, in order to help identify you to be shown relevant Internet Plaza advertising online, across your devices. This is done using a Google service called Remarketing with Google Analytics, which links Google Analytics cookies (set by Internet Plaza) with Google advertising cookies (set by Google). Google Analytics is a tool that helps website owners measure how users interact with website content. For more information and to opt out:
- About Google advertising cookies and Google Analytics cookies:
- How Google uses data when you use sites and apps that use Google technologies:
- To opt out of Google Analytics:
- To opt out of Google Ads Personalization:
Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your information to:
- sell, hire, deliver, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- source products for sale, transport products and ensure our suppliers are compliant with our ethical sourcing policy and applicable labour laws and standards;
- process payments and credit checks, to provide layby (layaway) services and to deal with your feedback or complaints and provide refunds and discounts;
- better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you;
- to communicate with you and to operate the customer service centre;
- undertake and administer promotions, competitions, in-store events, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
- manage our supply arrangements and inventory and administer our website.
- protect against fraud and theft;
- complete other transactions with you or on your behalf;
- recruit and assess future employees; and
- maintain and update our records.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send you targeted news, offers and promotions of our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications you can opt-out by contacting us at the address listed below.
How we disclose your information
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if required by law or legal process, to our advisers or to companies who are responsible for parts of our service delivery.
In special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell our business or part of our business – your information may be transferred to potential purchasers and their advisers as part of that sale. From time to time, we may provide aggregated and de-identified information to other business partners for various purposes.
Accessing and correcting your information and questions
You can request access to your information or that your information is corrected by contacting us at the address below.
If you have a question about this Policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Internet Plaza Customer Service
152 Swallow Drive Erskine Park NSW 2759
Email (to complain or access or correct information): email@example.com
Email (to unsubscribe): firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (+61) 0435 582 432
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner